Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Showing Tables/Queries (1997)

First, try opening the database with the Shift key held down. This should bypass the startup options, so that you can see the full menus etc.

The designer may have made most database objects hidden. You can check this by selecting Tools | Options... and ticking the 'Hidden objects' check box in the View tab. Can you see more objects in the database window after clicking OK?

The error message in your screenshot appears to indicate that user-level security was applied. Has the developer left any documentation about this? If not, I'm not sure you'll be able to convert the database.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Showing Tables/Queries (1997)

Edited by HansV to replace Word doc with a cropped version of the screenshot it contained

I am working with a database in 1997 that was created previously by a programmer who is no longer involved. When I go to the window to view the tables, queries, forms, etc there is nothing listed (except for three tables). How do I view these? Are there certain permissions that were put into place. The menu of the database is also different in that it allows you to pull up different forms but not the usual menu and toolbars that open with Access. This is the first time I have come across this so please forgive my ignorance.

Also, how difficult will it be to convert Access 1997 to a later version? I am getting the following (see attached file) message when trying to open the database with
    Access 2000 and also when trying to convert it. Again, were there permissions put on the database. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png x.png (15.0 KB, 0 views)