3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Auto Numbering (Word 2000)

Hi
    I've just made up a ticket (130 - 3 to a page) for my local rugby league club. We are have a end of season dinner.
    What I'm after is, how can I set up these tickets so that it prints a separate number on each ticket.

Thanks
    Dax

Thanks

Re: Auto Numbering (Word 2000)

Use a SEQ field. Note that if you used a table, this will number across the page rather than vertically. If you need vertical numbering it gets trickier but can be done.
    Charles Kyle Kenyon
    Madison, Wisconsin

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Woody had an article a while back about this. He did all sorts of tricky things (for a less than straight forward requirement). The best suggestion he received back in response was "Do it in Excel". That makes things like vertical numbering just so much easier.
    Subway Belconnen- home of the Signboard to make you smile. Get (almost) daily updates- follow SubwayBelconnen on Twitter.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Enter the follg on the ticket where you want the number:
    {LISTNUM NumberDefault l 7}
    and copy this field along with the rest of the ticket text to all cells in the table.
    Only, the curly braces have to be entered using Ctrl-F9 rather than typing them.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

What I do is:
    Choose Tools, Envelopes and Labels. At the Envelopes and Labels dialog box, click the Labels tab. Now, click Options - I use Avery 5163 that's because I use 10 tickets per page - and click OK. Now, click New Document. (I don't know if there is an Avery or other type of label that designates 3 per page but you could create your own format fairly easily) . At new doc page, choose Format, Font, choose font and font size you want to use. Click OK to close the dialog box and save your font selections. Make sure that the font size will allow all the text to fit inside the 'labels'. Now type your text into the first label. With the text entered into the first label enter the numbering by clicking where you want the number to appear and then choose Insert, Field. Double-click in the Field Codes entry box, type 'seq Ticket' and press Enter. Now, you can select all the text in the first ticket and press Ctrl-C to copy it. Move to each of the other blank labels, click where you want the text to begin, and press Ctrl-V to paste in the text. At this point, each label will display Ticket number 1. I don't write macros but maybe there's a faster way for the copy and paste.
    Press Ctrl-A to select the entire sheet of labels. Now, press F9, and all your numbers will appear in sequence.