New Lounger
    Thanks

Copying text from Word (2007)

One of my users is having problems copying information from a Word 2007 document into her Outlook 2007 email message. She is using RTF format for the Email message and is trying to copy formatted text from Word. She does this very often. In some of the documents, when she pastes it into Outlook, the fonts change. So, the original Word document is formatted as all Times New Roman 12, and when pasted into Outlook most of it is Times New Roman, but in unexpected places it changes to Arial. This happens in both RTF and HTML formats. It doesn't happen with all documents, but when it happens with a document it seems to be consistent. My hunch is that it has to do with edits in Word and there are some kind of hidden codes messing this up, but I can't find anything. The same problem seems to be happening in Outlook 2003.

Thanks

Re: Copying text from Word (2007)

I never compose email in RTF format. However, I know that if you paste from one Word document into another the font can change if the source text was assigned a style that has a different font face in the destination. Can you check for that in Outlook's RTF mode?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the idea. I had users check for styles, but they haven't found anything yet. I suspect that is the right track, however.

Thanks

When you send a message in Rich Text format Outlook sends it in HTML by default. You can change that to send in Rich Text by changing it in the Internet Format under Mail Format in the options. Does that help?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

New Lounger
    Thanks

Good point. I noticed in the documentation that it converts the message to HTML so it's good to know there is a way to change that if needed. However, the "problem" is evident immediately when you copy the text into the message (either in RTF or HTML format).