New Lounger
    Thanks

Security Warning Dialog Box (Windows XP/Word 2003)

This issue is weird. We are on Word 2003. We have some templates with macros in them. We created a toolbar and added these templates to the toolbar. Everything has worked great and all of the sudden we started receiving the "Security Warning" dialog box requesting to Enable or Disable macros. We have checked our templates and settings for security and it is set to Medium. We tried changing it to Low and to no avail, we still receive the dialog box. We have DM integration and Innova MacroSuite that are third party apps. We recently pushed out a file to resolve some DM/Excel issues called DMExcel03.xla. When this was pushed out, this is when we started receiving the dialog. Any ideas?

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Security Warning Dialog Box (Windows XP/Word 2003)

It is unlikely that an Excel add-in would have any effect on macro security warnings in Excel - the settings are application-specific.

Another place to check is the Trusted Sources tab of the Tools | Macro | Security dialog. Make sure that "Trust all installed add-ins and templates" is ticked.

New Lounger
    Thanks

This has been checked....Hmmmmmm. Any other ideas?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

These things are always difficult to troubleshoot in a DMS environment, because it interferes so much with the "normal" operation of Word etc. If macro security is set to low (temporarily, I hope) and installed add-ins and templates are trusted, Word itself doesn't display macro warnings, so it must be something else. You could try Phil Rabichow's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word,197827>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word<!/post>, but I don't know how relevant that is in a DMS environment.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for your help. This is a tough one and our environment is so different. I figured I would give it a shot! Thanks again!

New Lounger
    Thanks

The security warning has just started popping up in our environment, too. We are running Word XP within a DM on the network. We just recently sent out the last MS patch and I have a feeling it has something to do with this. It seems everytime a patch is sent out, it overrides the users preferences in the MS Office Suite. Has this happened to anyone else?