3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

MS Office Document Scanning (MS Office Suite SP2)

Whenever I scan a document into Document Scanning, it presents with black background and white text. I have checked all the settings on the toolbar and cannot discover why this happens. When I use my scanner software, I don't have this problem.

I know the obvious solution is to use the scanner software, but I have learned most of what I know about computers by the "trial and error" method and my curiosity is aroused. I have used the "Black and white" setting in Document Scanning. I tried clicking on File > Scan New Document > Show scanner driver. The preview showed a white background with black text, but scanned it into the computer with a black background.

A setting needs to be changed. Anybody know how to fix this?
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Thanks

Re: MS Office Document Scanning (MS Office Suite S

Look for an 'invert' setting somewhere in the setup of either Document Scanning or the scanner itself.

Otherwise:
    Which version of Office?
    What scanner?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Office Document Scanning (MS Office Suite S

Thanks for responding, Lief. I am using Office 2003, SP2 and my scanner is a Canon LIDE 70.
    I couldn't find any place to give me the choice of "invert". This was just a curiosity question; it is not important since I use my scanner's software for most of my scanning. It just seemed strange to me that I always got the black background.

Thanks again for responding.
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>