Lounger
    Thanks

Auto Correct (2007)

I am trying to set up a customer report document whereby i can add different paragraphs of pre-set text to the report. I am thinking along the line of if I want to add "the quick brown fox...." I would use a short cut like in auto correct such as "QBF" and it will enter the text I want. unfortunately word only allows 255 letters to be placed in Auto correct. Is there a way I can achieve this.

Cheers
    Robert

Thanks

Re: Auto Correct (2007)

Although it has been somewhat hidden in the new Building Blocks feature, Word 2007 still supports the ancient AutoText feature. AutoText entries can be extremely long, and they are only slightly more work to insert than AutoCorrect: rather than typing a space or punctuation character to replace the code-to-the-left with the stored entry, you press the F3 key.

To add an AutoText entry, first select the material then press Alt+F3. This will call up a 6-line dialog. In the first line, enter the code you would like to use for the entry. The press Tab and A to make it an AutoText entry. If you want to save it in a particular template, change the "Save in" drop-down (Normal template is customary, but the new Building Blocks template appears to be the default). Click OK and try it out.

More information on Building Blocks can be found in the help under "Reuse and distribute parts of a document."

Will this work for you?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jscher2000 For This Useful Post:

andynicholl (2011-04-07)

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Auto Correct (2007)

Thank you very much that certainly does the trick.

Nothing like using the correct words when doing a search is there!

Cheers

Robert