New Lounger
    Thanks

Color Changes in Word (Word 2003)

Hi all, While writing something in Word 2003 the other user fo this computer running XPsp2, the black font color changes usually to red, but at other times it might be blue or green or whatever. Backspacing only puts a line through the middle of the printing, and however far back you go further typing shows in the new color. Fortunately we decided early on not to produce any more of the new color than nesesary. After much head scratching I finaly came up with what I guess would be called a workaorund that is really qiute simple. From EDIT choose Select All and then cntrl Copy, then take a deep breath and click on the New File option. When the new, blank, document opens click in the middle of it after making sure that the selected Font color is black, or whatever, and then use cntrl>paste and the document will appear. At the end of it the odd color is still there it can be deleted and its all clear to continue. I've never seen this happen more than once in any given document, and it might not happen again for months; I know that the other user never has her fingers stray more than a letter or two, and I know that I did'nt do anything out perceptively out of the ordinary. Have you heard of this happening before? If so how did the problem get solved permanitnly.This is actually more puzzling than annoying gut Ieould like to know why its happening, Thanks for wading through all this.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Color Changes in Word (Word 2003)

Sounds like TRACK CHANGES is on. Go to the Tools menu and turn it off.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Color Changes in Word (Word 2003)

Thanks Eowyn, Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try in the near future. I hadn't Even noticed anyghing like that or at least certainly not enough to question its purpose.