4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Update Links Automatically (2007)

We have several spreadsheets that are shared. I am the only user with Office 2007, the guinea pig, so to speak.

Some of these spreadsheets I open as read only, since I am only looking, not doing any updating. In Excel 2003, I could change one of the settings in Tools Options to upate the links automatically. in the new version, it seems that you can't do that "program wide" but only for each workbook or worksheet. The problem is that since I am opening it as Read Only, I can't save it after I change the setting. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Update Links Automatically (2007)

Why don't you open the workbooks normally for once, set the option to update automatically, then save them? The next time you can open them read-only again.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Update Links Automatically (2007)

I tried that. It still wants me to click a box to update the link. I think that in the old version, upadating links automatically was either on or off for all spreadsheets. With the new version, it seems that you can be selective, which is a good thing. The problem is that since I can't save the Read Only version, I'm not able to save that setting. It may have something to do with the spreadsheet being in 2003 format, which it needs to be in since I have to share it with other users that all have 2003. I'll just click the button to update. Thanks for the help.