Star Lounger
    Thanks

Database Changes (2002)

Hi I have an issue that I am not sure how to fix. I have a network database that is used by 10 people. I am the Admin for the DB and do a lot of data entry work with it. My job is going to allow me to work from home, and I don't know what the best way is to continue using the DB. My job doesn't have remote access to the network, so weekly I will be coming in for an hour or two, if I copy the DB and take it home, do my work on it through out the week, how is the best way to update the network backend with the changes that I make? Any suggestions??

Thanks

Re: Database Changes (2002)

Structural changes or database additions?
    [b]Catharine Richardson (WebGenii)
    WebGenii Home Page
    Moderator: Spreadsheets, Other MS Apps, Presentation Apps, Visual Basic for Apps, Windows Mobile

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

You could try replication, but that opens a whole can of worms.

I'd recommend you get some sort of network access. After all, you are the db Admin, I'd think that should give you reason enough to have to get to the db! Easiest way is via Remote Desktop. If you have a Windows Server, you network probably already has the capability. Other option is to come into your work PC via something like GoToMyPC. This way you'd have same rights/priviledges and access to the network from home that you'd have when sitting at your desk (no more, no less).
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

In reply to both posts, It would be to do both structural changes and data entry.. I am going to talk with the IT department, and see about Remote Desktop, and possibly check into the Gotomypc thing... Thank you for your suggestions! They are greatly appreciated!~