4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Switching between Documents (2007)

I un-clicked the button in, heck, I don't what it's in but it used to be Tools, Options, that would show windows in taskbar. I only want to see one button in the taskbar for Word. The problem is that there is no longer a Windows Menu, so how do I switch between documents when I have more than one (and I usually do) open? It's probably an easy thing but I can't find it in Help. Thanks for the assistance.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Switching between Documents (2007)

Ctrl+F6 should still work to activate the next document, and Shift+Ctrl+F6 to activate the previous document.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick response.

What I was hoping for was a way to get a list of the open documents, where I could just click on the one that I want. Gee, kind of like the old "Windows" menu. I guess microsoft just figures everyone only uses one doc at a time. I tend to have a lot of open documents, so cycling through them is not convenient. I also like to keep my screens maximized. I did find that if I minimize all of the windows, there is a list of tabs across the bottom of the screen showing the documents. It would be nice if there was a way to keep a tabbed list like that open, with maximized screens. I'll probably go back to the MDI. Thanks.

Lounger
    Thanks

Try looking on the View tab; there's a Switch Windows button over on the right side. I have never used the Windows menu in Word very much, but I believe this will do the same thing for you. You can put it on the quick access toolbar if it feels "buried" on the View tab (it sort of does to me).

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Perfect. Thank you for the help Cris.

Is it just me or is the Help in this version not very good? I even went back and entered Switch Windows and it doesn't come up with anything. Not real helpful.

Thanks

I think Microsoft's concept was that you would click the button "stack" on the Task bar to switch among your Word windows. You can't always see the entire document name or window title, but hopefully enough of it to select the one you want.