Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Give it the Boot (XP sp2)

If you have a good recent image or backup of your system I would do a rebuild.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Give it the Boot (XP sp2)

I am having an issue with the computer not booting using XP sp2. The system reads the BIOS just fine and chugs along and displays a message regarding something to the effect that the system may have encountered an error during a software installation or someone may have pushed the reset button.

At this point I have a number of options, try starting in Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Network, Start using last known good configuration. Well as luck would have it none of the available options work. If I select anyone of them, I get right back to the same message page. In fact it is a good loop.

When family members were asked what happened, what was installed, no one knew anything?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Before I do a rebuild I would like to try having XP repair itself via the Windows Setup procedure. When I booted from the XP disk, I receive an error message:

An unexpeced error (0) occurred at line 1768 in d:xpsp1basebootsetuparchdisp.c.

I'm going surfing on the Net to find an answer. Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    John

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

I got it to boot by resetting the RAM modules. Don't as why, it just worked.

Regards,
    John