Outlook Task List Save Time Limit? (Various)

Hi there! After hearling so much about the famous Lounge, I thought that this would be the only place I could find the answers we so desperately need.

We have various verisions of Outlook, from 97 to 2000, running on our network, with an in-house Exchange Server that theoretically coordinates the whole mess.

We've noticed that sometimes, old tasks that have been completed simply vanish. These "completed tasks" are an archive of who's done what work, so it's important that we keep records.

Does anyone know if there's a time limit on how long completed tasks will be saved? Is there a way to change it? Or do these completed tasks simply vanish into the ether, never to be seen again?

The tasks are all stored in public folders. Some have full permission for everyone in the company to view, add, edit, and/or delete, while others can only be viewed by, for example, one employee and his/her boss, or only by one department.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Platinum Lounger
    Roanoke area, Virginia, USA

Re: Outlook Task List Save Time Limit? (Various)

first thing i'd check is the view - make sure they aren't just hidden.

next i'd check PF to see if aged items are being deleted. if all old tasks of the same age are deleted at the same time, then the server is set to delete items xx days old.