3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Very slow form design (2003)

I keep finding myself waiting for 10, 20, even 60 seconds for simple actions that I have taken in form design to become apparent on the screen. Really simple things like selecting a control or clicking the down arrow on a property combo box. I take the action and then an age later the control gets the little black boxes that show it has been selected, or the combo box drops down. Very routine development is taking much longer than it should. I've tried rebooting the machine, compacting and repairing the database and turning off the Track name Autocorrect info. Unfortunately design mode is still slow. This happens on all sorts of forms, even small, simple ones, and, as far as I can tell, in all the databases that I develop. When the forms I create are run by the users, they run at normal speed. It's only me that is suffering, which I suppose I should be grateful for, but it is frustrating.
    Can anyone suggest a cause, or another step I can take to speed things up? My PC is no monster, but it's not a slug either (Pentium 4, 3.4 GHz, 1Mb RAM) and should definitely not take that long just to select controls.
    Ian

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Very slow form design (2003)

Do you notice a difference between databases on your hard disk and databases on a network drive?

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Very slow form design (2003)

Is it just Access that is slow, or are you noticing it in other applications you run from that machine? Do all Access databases run that slow on that machine? Is it just when in development mode?
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.