Lounger
    Thanks

Form locked for editing (Access 2003)

Subject edited by HansV. Next time, please try to give your post a descriptive subject. "MS ACCESS" doesn't give other Loungers any idea what your question is about. Thank you.

I have a database on the network that have a protection to keep users from editing the contents after a record is saved. However, users keep on getting locked out every time they enter a value on 1 particular field on the form. I think, access is reading this field as a new record insertion point. How do I fix this so access don't lock out users before they can complete their entry? I have a button in the form, labeled as 'New Record'. Ideally, they shouldn't be locked out until after they hit this button.

Thank you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Form locked for editing (Access 2003)

What kind of protection does the database have? Please provide some details.

Lounger
    Thanks

Nothing fancy. Just the basic user-level security. Users do not have access to the tables and are prohibited from editing saved records.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

How do you prohibit them from editing saved records?

Please keep in mind that, unlike you, we cannot see your database. So you will have to provide sufficient information for us to help you.