Thread: List (2002)

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

List (2002)

Hi, I have inherited a spreadsheet that contains a drop down list that is used in calculations. I would like to edit the source of the dropdown list to remove some items; however, I don't know where the source of the data that appears in the drop down list.

How do I find this?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: List (2002)

Is it a dropdown list in a cell? If so, select the cell and look at Data | Validation...
    Is it a dropdown list from the Forms toolbar? If so, right-click it and select Format | Control from the popup menu.
    Is it a combo box from the Control Toolbox? If so, activate design mode (first button on the Control Toolbox), select the combo box, then click the Properties button on the Control Toolbox. Look at the ListFillRange property.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, where do I find this? first button on the Control Toolbox

Is it a combo box from the Control Toolbox? If so, activate design mode (first button on the Control Toolbox), select the combo box, then click the Properties button on the Control Toolbox. Look at the ListFillRange property

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

The Control Toolbox is a toolbar. You can display it by selecting View | Toolbars | Control Toolbox, or by right-clicking any of the visible toolbars and selecting Control Toolbox from the popup menu.