2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Convert Word form fields into PDF? (2002)

Can anyone confirm or deny if it is possible for Word form fields to be translated into Acrobat's equivalent form fields when the .DOC file is converted to PDF? I'm guessing the answer is no, but I was hoping to get some confirmation on that.

Thanks,
    Arianna

Thanks

Re: Convert Word form fields into PDF? (2002)

Using Word '07, I created a new document with a few form fields, then printed the document to .pdf. (Adobe Acrobat 7) All that showed were the words "Click here to enter text" I was unable to do so with the document in .pdf format. I then opened the document in Adobe Designer 7, and as usual it found the form field. I changed the Word form field to a Designer form field, then saved as and reopened it and I could then fill it out.
    I could be wrong but I would have to say no. At least not the way that I did it.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

CIB pdf brewer Version 2 claims to be able to convert Word form fields to their PDF equivalents. I have no experience with it

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans and John for your replies;

It's good to know about the PDF brewer, but in my present situation using 3rd party tool is isn't practical

I've somehow managed to not notice the presence of Adobe Designer on my system... now that I've used it it seems nice, but it's rather slow about importing Word documents (at least on my middle-aged PC). I think I'm going to try to talk my stakeholders into accepting the forms in Word format.

Once again, this forum delivers!