Lounger
    Thanks

Outlook Speed Problems (Office 2003 + XP SP2)

I installed Office 2003 some long time ago to replace Office97 and I have experienced slow loading and very slow opening times for incoming emails and all files in my inbox. Recently I have also had very frequent crashes when trying to close one file and open another. The Task Manager then takes many minutes before it is able to shut down the Outlook programme. I have repaired Outlook from Office 2003, and have also reloaded the programme, which has made a short term improvement, but then returns to the erratic and slow performance.

I have compared this behaviour with other installations which run with very fast times and no crashes. I recall reading an article in PC World which indicated that this problem was associated with an old 97 driver lurking around, and I followed the instructions to remove this, but the process did not seem to complete, and the problem remained.

Any help to solve this will be most welcome

Regards David Mills

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Outlook Speed Problems (Office 2003 + XP SP2)

Have you noticed a difference between HTML format e-mails on the one hand, and plain text and rich text format e-mails on the other hand?

Lounger
    Thanks

Tks for fast response Hans - I cannot see much difference between HTML and plain text files, but oddly enough both are opening faster. However, I tried the "Repair Office" option in Help but this collected data, but then failed to install, so this may indicate something problem to you. Some quite small files still take much longer to open than others of a similar size - but there were no crashes !

Regards
    David Mills

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can find some suggestions here: Help! My Email opens slow