3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

outlook 2003 (current release)

I recently moved and had to change isp's and email addresses. For some reason outlook is still showing my old isp's email address as my current email address. It shows up in the from address line as:
    Tom Rush[list=1]

If someone tries to "reply" to one of my messages - they go out into the ether - I dropped the old ISP when I moved.

I have looked everywhere I can think of to find where the old address is coming from. As a last resort I did a search of my c drive - including system and hidden files for the isp's address (cox.net). I found old emails, address books, etc. but nothing to do with Outlook.

If anyone has any ideas where I might look - I would really appreciate it.

I have looked at everything in Outlook that I can think of,

Tom

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook 2003 (current release)

I just tried another test message and then checked the "sent" folder. Within the sent folder the from address shows up as
    Tom Rush <tomyrush@cox.net> The cox.net is my old email address

I checked in my address book and under my name - I only have one email address and it is the new one.

How does outlook develop the "From Address" I keep guessing there is a file somewhere that identifies the primary user of outlook.

It has been so long ago that I sat up Outlook that I do not remeber how I told outlook - or microsoft office my user name and email address.

Tom

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: outlook 2003 (current release)

I found the problem - it was a missed field in the email accounts properties

Thanks

Tom