Lounger
    Thanks

Set AutoShapes Default Not Working (PPT 2000 sp3/2

In PPT, does "Set AutoShapes Default" pick up line and fill settings for text boxes?

I know it does in Word, so I thought it would work the same way. But what I'm finding is that no matter how many times I tell PPT to "Set AutoShape Defaults", the next tb I create is always no fill, no line but with the correct text settings.

I have done all of the following to no avail:

1. Used the "Default for new objects" setting in the Format dialog box. That seemed to have no effect either.

2. Unloaded all of my add-ins.

3. Started with a completely blank presentation (i.e. no design template).

4. Opened the presentation template, created a sample text box and set it as the default and the saved the template file.

5. Tried it with both PPT 2000 and 2003.

I finally started to think maybe I was just mistaken and that Word did not, in fact, pick up line and fill color either. But it works just fine, picks up the line and fill color just like I want it to.

Can anybody confirm or provide suggestions?

Thanks for all help.

Frank

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Set AutoShapes Default Not Working (PPT 2000 sp3/2

PowerPoint tries to keep the design of elements of a slide consistent. You can set the default for a rectangle etc,, but it will use the colors from the color scheme for the presentation template you use. If you apply a different template, the colors will change with it.
    A text box on a slide is intended to display some text, using the background from the slide. That's why the fill color doesn't take hold.

If you want to change the default layout of a slide, edit the slide master or apply a different presentation template.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Set AutoShapes Default Not Working (PPT 2000 s

Thanks for the confirmation, Hans. Not the answer I was hoping for, if you know what I mean, but at least I know it's not something I'm doing wrong.

Frank.