Lounger
    Thanks

Updating chart display in report design view (2003)

I have created a report which includes a column chart and a pie chart which is based on a query (qryQ01). There are lots of similar queries which get data from a survey and I want to copy the report and then simply change the chart property to reflect the data for qryQ02, qryQ03 etc. This works fine when I copy and change it but the charts in design view do not reflect the new data. This in one sense doesn't matter because the report itself does. But I need to change the position of the labels at times or explode one piece of pie and of course it is displaying something quite different. I figure I must be able to do this copying stuff because it's so easy and certainly I am doing it correctly. But how to show the correct chart in design view.????

Thanks in anticipation.
    Suzanna

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating chart display in report design view (2003)

As far as I know, there is no satisfactory solution for reports. You coukd set up a form with the same chart, and manipulate the chart there, then copy it to the report. See MSKB article Microsoft Graph Always Shows Sample Data in Design View (although that is for Access 97, I think it applies at least partially to later versions)

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Updating chart display in report design view (2003)

I jagged it on one of them and have no idea how I achieved it. :-) Many thanks Hans for the article and the form suggestion. I'll give it a go.

Cheers . .
    Suzanna