3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

can't click on inserted pic (powerpoint XP)

I inserted a graphic image into a powerpoint slide over some text, but wanted the image behind the text, so I changed the order to "send to back". that worked, so I saw my text over the image. However, I later wanted to move the image but could not get the cursor to "find" the picture...that is the cursor stayed as a text inserter. I deleted the text, but could not find a way to make the image "send to front". can't move or delete it now.
    there has to be a way to "activate" the picture....no help that I found on microsoft's site...anyone????

Rick

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: can't click on inserted pic (powerpoint XP)

If you used Order | Send to Back, you should still be able to select the picture if you move objects covering it out of the way. Are you certain you inserted the picture into a slide, and not into the slide master?

If you wish, you can attach (a stripped down copy of) the presentation to a reply, zipped if needed. You can remove or replace sensitive information.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

attached is the table I'm working on.

what you'll see is a half full circle with a "+" in it. The "+" sign is typed in and sits "on top of" the inserted pic of the half full circle, which was inserted and then reset to "send to back".
    I can't figure out how to do anything else with the pic...can't move or delete.

let me know and thanks for the efforts,
    Rick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

1) Move the mouse pointer over the thick upper border of the table until it changes to a four-pointed cross.
    2) Drag the table down below the half-filled circle.
    3) You can now select and manipulate the half-filled circle. You can move it, resize it, rotate it, delete it, ...
    4) When done, drag the table up to the desired position.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks, that works.
    Its a pain if one needed to do a lot of those, but at least you let me know a way.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Another way would be to select the table (i.e. click on its border), then send it to the back. This will automatically bring the picture to the front, so that you can select it again.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Try adding the select mutiple tool to a toolbar. This will allow you to easily select "hidden" objects.
    See here http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/toolbars1.html

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi Rick,

Here's a fairly simple way that I've often used with slides that have had many images on them:
    1. Click on the 'Custom Animations' toolbar button. There you'll see a list of the objects on that slide.
    2. Click on the name of the object you want to work on (eg 'Picture Frame 2' in this case. This selects the object.
    3. Click 'OK'.
    4. Click on Draw|Order|Bring to front. Of course, if you know what you need to do without having the object in front (eg re-size, re-position), you can now do that without changing its order on the slide.
    5. If you've changed the object's order, per step 4, you might then need to restore it to the appropriate order.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]