Lounger
    Thanks

Bloodhound virus in Excel code (VBA6 (XL2003))

I have produced a small utility for some colleagues to speed up the process of (un)hiding worksheets.

I am now trying to write a procedure so that users can open the attached file and then use a button to install the utility into a spreadsheet of their choice. I have written some code that works (ImportVisibleSheetsForm on the Setup module), however, when I try to save the file Symantec quarantines it because it is of the opinion that the file contains a Bloodhound virus.

Has anyone encountered and overcome this problem before?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bloodhound virus in Excel code (VBA6 (XL2003))

Bloodhound is the heuristic virus detection engine in Norton (Symantec) Anti-Virus. Apparently, it decides that trying to export and import VBA components in code is a security risk. I guess the only thing you can do is turn off Norton Anti-Virus temporarily. However, users that also have NAV will probably not be able to use your code.

Why don't you create an add-in instead? Users could install that, and you wouldn't have to export and import VBA components.

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bloodhound virus in Excel code (VBA6 (XL2003))

I hadn't really thought about the add-in option, I think that is what I shall do.

Thanks for the suggestion