5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access won't forget the past (A2K, Win 2K Pro)

I have been working on setting up some auto-formatting in a project and at one point thought I could apply a macro action to a form field. I decided to not do that and deleted the macro and re-set the field to run VBA code instead...Access can't forgive me! It keeps trying to run a macro that is no longer assigned to the field nor is it in the db at all. In similar news, another form just cannot seem to let go of an old linking field (SC_Number) that I decided to no longer use in this project, anywhere. But when I try and use one particular form, Access insists that it needs this field. I have compacted/repaired to no avail... I created a new access project and imported tables, queries and forms (none of the modules) and the form corruption continues to entertain me...running the documentor on the set of forms where the SC_Number problem appears gives me plenty of information but--- SC_Name is not listed anywhere.

Any ideas on this? This project is nearing completion and it would be a pain to have to re-design all thse forms just because Access seems so nostalgic...

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access won't forget the past (A2K, Win 2K Pro)

See if you can find it using the Find and Replace add-in from Rick Fisher Consulting. The add-in is not free, but you can download a free evaluation copy, and it's well worth the price.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks I'll try that. If I delete the control completely from the form, and re-add it, it doesn't ask about the non-existent macro, so at least that's getting better...

Thanks

One sneaky place that things can hide is in the conditional formatting dialog.
    Steve H
    IT Lecturer/Access Developer
    O2K SR3/O2010; Win7Pro

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

it appears there were hangover references to using SC_Name in child/parent field linkages on a particular form....