Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe PDF (2007)

Hi loungers.

I have recently installed Office 2007 and Acrobat Pro 8
    I don't see any sort of command on the ribbon or menu to make a pdf from the opened document. If I go to options, the pdfmaker add-in is installed and checked to load at startup, as is Google desktop, but I can't find the commands anywhere. The only item on the addin section on the ribbon is Mappoint.

Any ideas?

Thanks for looking.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Adobe PDF (2007)

PDFMaker is not yet compatible with Office 2007. Adobe apparently is working on a patch (see Adobe - TechNote). You should still be able to print to the Acrobat printer, though.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Adobe have not yet released a version of PDFMaker that works with office 2007. Adobe has stated that in the first half of 2007 they expect to issue a free Acrobat 8 patch that will provide support for Office 2007.

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase...x.cfm?id=333504

You can install an add-in from Microsoft that will allow you to save as PDF - 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS

Thanks

I am using both the Microsoft PDF maker, and Adobe Acrobat Pro '07 and both work well.
    Adobe is accessed through the Print Pommand, and Microsofts is accessed through the Save As command. I find that using the Save As command is much faster.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

See <post:=654,093>post 654,093</post:>
    Adobe have finally released Acrobat 8.1 which is compatible with Office 2007.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

This is the only case I can think of in which Microsoft did not accommodate Adobe. What is more, they did not tell us in advance, although my own setup did not include Acrobat (other than the reader).

Was anyone given forewarning through the compatibility gizmo? Maybe I'm thinking of Vista: when you have both Vista and Office 2007 installed you tend to forget these things, which is an argument against migrating both suite and O/S at about the same time.