New Lounger
    Thanks

Word ver 9.0.2720

When I click on the TOOLS button the drop down menu displays 31 mailmerge option repeats. This number seems to be growing. I have never used the mailmerge feature, so this appearance is a mystery to me. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2000 with no change. Suspecting that Winword.exe might be the problem, I changed windword.exe to windword.old and copied imported a copy of winword from another office 2000 computer with no change. I deleted the imported winword.exe and restored windword.old to winword.exe. It would seem that the mailmerge call must be hidden somewhere. Anyone know how to correct this anomally?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word ver 9.0.2720

Try first: With Word closed, find the file called normal.dot and rename it to normal.old. If the behavior continues and you're capable of editing your registry and you're not going to sue me if you mess it up, rename the following folder "Word" folder to "OldWord":

hkey_current_usersoftwaremicrosoftoffice9.0Word

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word ver 9.0.2720

Perhaps something less drastic to start.

1. Start Word from STart/Run & type winword.exe /a If that cures the problem, it's probably an add-in program.

2. Check the Word startup folder to see if there's an add-in that could be causing the problem. If so, move it out & see what happens.

(By the way, you can delete the extra menu entries by pressing Ctrl+Alt+minus(above the P); the cursor turns to a thick minus sign & then click on Tools/MailMerge. It will only delete one at a time & that doesn't prevent it from coming back.)

3. Close Word; search the hard drive for Word.pip & delete it. Restart Word & see what happens.

4. If that doesn't work, close Word & delete Word.pip again. Then export the Word key that Dreamboat mentioned. Then try deleting the Data subkey & see if that helps. You WILL lose all your customizations.

Good luck!