Thanks

Attachment List (ThunderBird 2.0.0.0)

Problem 1:

How can I reduce the list of attachments in an email to "text only" as opposed to "text and icon" (see blue arrow area in attached jpg)?

Problem 2:

While researching problem 1 I noticed something peculiar (see red arrow in attached jpg). I have created a number of email folders, including one called CB. On the menu bar under "Message" is an entry that states "Move to CB Again" along with a keyboard shortcut. Clicking here will actually move the selected message to folder "CB".

OK, I can see where I may somehow have inadvertently created this (how??), but "Move to CB <span style="background-color: #FFFF00; color: #000000; font-weight: bold">Again</span hi>" seems like a stretch. Can anyone shine some illumination on this?

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attachment List (ThunderBird 2.0.0.0)

Hi,

I can't help with problem 1 until tuesday, but the answer to problem 2 is simple. It's a feature. This was introduced with TB2. The idea is that if you use the context menus and "move to" or "copy to", Then there's a chance that you'll want to do it again, so the "Move to ... again" menu item was born to give rapid access to the latest used folder.

HTH

edited to answer problem 1:

Do "tools->options->advanced" then click the "config editor" button.
    In the filter bar type "attach". This should filter the list to attchment things. Look for "mailnews.attachments.display.largeView" and if it's set to True, double click it which should switch it to False. OK all the way back to Thunderbird, then restart the program.Robert should be your father's brother...
    John (Unreconstructed Jacobite)

Thanks

Thanks John. That really had me baffled. I did some experimenting and it appears that TB2 will keep your last "move to" or "copy to" as a "move (or copy) to xxx again". Neat feature!

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks

Brilliant! Your solution does what I want. Didn't realize there was an "about:config" feature in TB. Thanks for your help, John.

Cheers,
    Regards,
    PaulB