New Lounger
    Thanks

Technical Support? ( Office 2003 sp2)

Hi,

Does anyone respond to the technical support requests? I have submitted two over the course of the last three weeks and I haven't received any feedback.

I suppose I can ask the questions here; but, I thought that submitting technical support requests would be appropriate.

Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

Jeff

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Technical Support? ( Office 2003 sp2)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Where did you submit the support requests and what are they about?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Thanks for the quick reply.

The technical support requests were completed on the link provided which took me to the page: "WOPR Technical Support". I completed this form for both of my requests.

The two primary issues I am having are with Adobe Professional ver 8 and the opening of a new document, both issues are in Word 2003.

With WOPR loaded, the Adobe toolbar will not load. If I manually load it after Word has opened, it will remain with that document, but, I must go through this with each document I open.

Also, when I start Word, I am immediately present with a Save As window. When I cancel the first window, a second Save As window appears. When I cancel the second window, I am able to proceed.

I believe there were more issues; but, because I didn't keep a copy of the technical support form, I can't remember all of the details.

Thanks

Jeff

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Ah yes, thank you.

I am very sorry for you, but technical support for the WOPR utilities appears to have all but disappeared. There have been complaints about lack of response before, but attempts to contact support generally fail.

Note: although the W in WOPR stands for the same Woody, Woody's Lounge is an independent discussion forum, it has nothing to do with support for WOPR. None of the admins or moderators is in any way involved with WOPR.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans,

Can someone help with the two problems I mentioned?

It is very deceiving... there is a direct link between the Technical Support page and this lounge. If there is no connection, and the support is so bad, then perhaps you should think about removing the link from the WOPR site. To a newcomer like me, it appears that the two are tied together.

Jeff

Thanks

Hi Jeff, I can't help with Acrobat issues. However, the other behavior is not normal, or at least I did not experience it. Is the prompt to save a blank document or to save the Normal.dot template?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

When I open Word2003, a blank document opens as the various menus and toolbars are displayed. As soon as Word finishes opening, I am presented with the "Save As" window. It suggests a document name of "Docx.doc". When I choose "Cancel" the window goes away, but then almost immediately reappears. When I click "Cancel" again, the blank document is available for me to begin work.

Any other questions?

Thanks

Jeff

Thanks

Hmmm, if it were a Save As dialog generating by trying to close the document, usually you would get a separate prompt for that first. I can't think of any function that would want to save a document upon opening.

We have a detailed article on how to find and eliminate problems with Word's various settings and add-ins. Hopefully this will help: Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word