New Lounger
    Thanks

SendObject Action in Macro (2003)

I have a macro that runs a report that gets its information from a pass through query. It also prompts for a parameter to query on. After that is run the SendObject Action is run to send the report as a snapshot. Edit Message is set to YES so the user can preview the list of addresses before sending. This fails miserably with the macro halting and giving a message of "Microsoft Office Access can't send this e-mail message".

If I set the Edit Message to No, it runs fine. I also created a report with just a label in it. If I open and send that report before running the macro, everything works great until I close and re-open Access. Anyone have an idea that I can try short of rebuilding the whole thing? I have tried importing all of the information into a new database, but it still fails.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: SendObject Action in Macro (2003)

Without seeing the database it is impossible for us to know what causes the problem. Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

New Lounger
    Thanks

As I was removing all the extras from the database, I also ended up removing the Pass through query. The emails started to magically work. I then added the query back in, but did not link it to anything that was needed to created the reports and email, and the emails failed again. I deleted the query and it worked.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Without further information I have no idea. Sorry.