2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Word vs Acrobat reduc (2000, 2002, 2003)

Yes, I've read the existing articles about the Acrobat menus and toolbars, and I'd love to delete them completely... but my customers insist that they have to use the bookmarking capabilities (and I agree with them -- until I can provide them a substitute).

Acrobat 7 and 8 seem to have made things worse -- there's no longer a PDFMaker.dot, it's a COM add-in.

I've been playing with CustomizationContext to try to get around the problem, and things only get worse. My custom toolbars or buttons on the standard toolbar may disappear in one combination of CustomizationContext, (set to Normal after doing customizations, or not changed at all) or Adobe's disappear in another (leaving the CC set to my template).

Has anyone seen anything on this subject since the last couple of versions of Acrobat came out? Is there any hope at all?

Thanks

Re: Word vs Acrobat reduc (2000, 2002, 2003)

Haven't heard anything new about Acrobat, and I've looked! But I have been using a program called NitroPDF. There are others, but I've not tried them.

It does not do everything Acrobat can do, but it does retain bookmarks. It still uses a template, so you can remove if it becomes unruly -- although that has not happened to me. You can download and try it for 30 days here: NitroPDF Products page

HTH Kim