Thread: I.E 7 Beta 2?

Thanks

I.E 7 Beta 2?

This morning I received an e-mail supposedly from Microsoft about I.E. 7 Beta 2. When I initially looked at this I became suspicious because it came to an e-mail address I rarely use and can't think of a time that I have used it when dealing with Microsoft. The domain was cleared however through ChoiceMail so that made me think further. I also noticed that it was sent with high importance? I hovered over the link and saw that the URL was http://clipmuse.cd/update.exe. Needless to say I did not click on this. I copied and pasted it into the run bar to see what it actually was. It is an exe file from diuntor.net. Upon seeing the download ZA picked it up quickly and quarantined it.
    Just curious if anyone else has seen or received this e-mail.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: I.E 7 Beta 2?

Yep, I've received it several times over the last few days.

Microsoft *never* sends e-mails about updates and patches, so it's clearly spam. (Moreover, IE7 has been out of beta for over 6 months now, so it's a rather stupid attempt.)

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Thought I had read about this (IE Beta/trojan) some months ago, as always it's a hard time to find where!

One place, that I do know I read about the IE Beta e-mails, is F-Secure's Blog (maybe not exactly the e-mail you received), March 29: Always keep your softwares up to date... or not

So, no, I've not received any e-mails, but read about them. And as Hans said; as we all know the release product has been out for quite some time. I have had it installed for maybe 4-5 months, would be quite amused if I received an e-mail about Beta 2.

Thanks

Thanks guys. Yea I have had it installed for sometime now also and have moved to I.E 7 Pro 9.14.2
    Funny thing is though one just never knows about this stuff and its always better to be safe than sorry.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts

IE7 Pro is an IE add-in. It does not have anything to do with the IE release version numbering from Microsoft.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

thanks I know that Joe
    Thanks John