4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

sheet functions (2000)

Hello, I am having problems using the correct formula to do a tax computation. I have a threshold of X. Earning type A is taxed at a given rate if it exceeds X, earnings type B which is assessed after A is taxed at another rate and finally on top of this earnings C is taxed at yet another rate. A,B and C use the same threshold only once with A 'nibbling' away first, then B then C. Users will type in the appropriate earnings for A B and C. I need my results to decipher, using the most complex situation as a for instance where there is A B and C earnings, the amount of tax at the given rate. Problem I have is that A might not be iver the threshold and added to B, an elelemt of B is over the threshold so that B or part of b is taxed at the given rate. Similarly A and B may use up part of the treshold leaving an element of C to use the rest with the remaining part of C taxed at it's appropriate rate. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks Darren.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: sheet functions (2000)

This can no doubt be solved using MIN and/or MAX, but it would help greatly if you could attach a small sample workbook.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, attached shows the three rates of tax, row k is where the user will enter the appropriate rates. N will display the tax, the threshold is 15,000. In the dummy figures I have provided therefore the Income A tax will be zero because it is under the threshold, income B has 5000 over the threshold so the 5000 excess will incur tax at 35% and Income C has all taxed at 20% since the threshold has been used by A and B. May thanks Darren.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See attached version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans, thank you again.

Darren.