5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access Project - copy/rename/reset (A2K, win2KPro)

I have an access project that we've decided to use for a given filing system only. this means that when we want to use the access project for a new filing system, we will need to make a copy of the access file, delete any records and compact/repair the new (named) copy to reset autonumbering to 0. There's several ways to do this (I prefer MANUALLY) but I was wondering if anyone has had experience doing this sort of thing in code. (In case you're wondering, by 'filing system' I mean, a bunch of files in cartons. the access project is a untility for cataloging actual physical files.)

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access Project - copy/rename/reset (A2K, win2KPro)

<post:=358,219>post 358,219</post:> contains sample code to delete all records from a table and reset the AutoNumber.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

thanks for the reply...the thread you reference had to do with manipulating the autonumber seed, and I want to reset it in the copied db -- just do a compact and repair. ... it's not a huge issue right now, tho -- I am rather resistent to making this function available with the press of a button tho. need to think about it. thanks tho!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

In many recent versions of the Jet Engine, compact and repair fails to reset the autonumber. Hence the code.