Thread: syntex (97 sr2)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

syntex (97 sr2)

Edited by HansV to correct problem with field name caused by Lounge software

Good Morning,
    Can you give me the correct syntex to combine these two statements into one sql statement. Everytime I try to add an and statement I get an error.
    Account and startdate at both variables that are assigned earlier in the module. NFSTradeRevenue is a table that I have defined it as a recordset, should I be using that instead?

strSQL = "SELECT count(*) as RecCount from [NFSTradeRevenue] where [accountNo] = " & Chr(34) & account & Chr(34)
    strSQL = "SELECT count(*) as RecCount from [NFSTradeRevenue] where <!t>[tradedate] >= #" & Format(startdate, "mm/dd/yy") & "#"

Thanks in advance
    Cathy

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: syntex (97 sr2)

Since you're returning counts for two different conditions, you cannot simply combine them into one SQL statement. You could use this:

Dim lngCount1 As Long
    Dim lngCount2 As Long

lngCount1 = DCount("*", "NFSTradeRevenue", "accountNo = " & Chr(34) & account & Chr(34))
    lngCount2 = DCount("*", "NFSTradeRevenue", "tradedate >= #" & Format(startdate, "mm/dd/yy") & "#")

Does that help?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No because there can be multiple records with the same account number and multiple records with the same trade date. I only want to know if the account number and trade date are on a record. LngCount1 could be >0 but may or may not have a match on the trade date. I would have no way to ID it unless I can check each condition.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

If you want to combine the conditions, use this:
    <code>
    strSQL = "SELECT count(*) as RecCount from NFSTradeRevenue] where accountNo = " & _
    Chr(34) & account & Chr(34) & " AND tradedate >= #" & Format(startdate, "mm/dd/yy") & "#"</code>

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That's it. Thanks so very much, have a nice day.