5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Forward distribution list (Outlook2003)

I searched briefly here and on the Net but couldn't quickly get to an answer.

I have a distribution-list made in my Contacts-folder. Is there a simple way I can forward this list to others? I read there are ways but then the receiving party should add all those in the list as his/her contacts too. Looking for easier ways.

Of course I can create an new email; select the list, expand it and manually copy all emails into the body of the email and send that, right?

Erik Jan

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts

Re: Forward distribution list (Outlook2003)

You could select all the contacts, right click, and select one of the send options. The contacts will be sent as attachments. OR you could export your contacts to a pst file, then open the pst data file and delete all those you don't want to send. Your receiving party can then import the pst file either from an attachment or shared folder.

Joe
    Joe

Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by t8ntlikly on 09-May-07 06:37. Left out the word copy)</P>I am not sure if this will work in Outlook 2003 although it should, but in Outlook 2007 you can right click on the distribution list and choose to send it as either a vCard which is a .txt file, or in an Outlook Form. If you choose Outlook form then when the person opens it it will but that list into their contacts folder. The list however will include e-mail address's and names only. If I wanted to send a distribution list to a co-worker that included the full contact info, I would create a new contacts folder, drag and drop (copy) the lists contact card into it, then back it up into a .pst file and send it. You might also consider zipping that .pst file up before sending as well in case the recipients e-mail won't accept the attachment.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

If your recipients are on the same Exchange Server, try this:

Open the Distrib List, select Actions | Forward, complete the message and send. The recipients should be able to open the attachment and select Save and Close.

I was NOT able to send a Distlist from an Exchange environment to a standalone Outlook environment; the attachment was turned into an empty message.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS