Thread: InfoPath (2007)

Star Lounger
    Thanks

InfoPath (2007)

I need to jump from one section of a form to another section of a form. I have an expense report that if the category chosen is entertainment, then when the user enters the amount, I want to jump them down to a "details" section they have to fill in. I don't want the user to have to click a separate button like they use in the sample expense report template that comes with Infopath.

In the button properties in the sample template, they use the rule "Set a fields value ItemPosition = count(preceding-sibling::*). This causes the details section to display so the user can fill it out. I can't find anything to tell me what the count(preceding-sibling::*) is actually doing, and when I add that action to the "amount" field, nothing happens.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: InfoPath (2007)

It would help a LOT if you would identify what product you are talking about (Excel, Access, Word, VB), and ask the question in the forum for that product. You also should say if this is a true form (as in user form in Excel), or if it a form that is built in say an Excel Spreadsheet or a Word table. The answer to your question will be quite different depending on the answer to those questions.
    Legare Coleman

Star Lounger
    Thanks

The product is Infopath 2007. Since I put Infopath 2007 in the Subject and version line, I assumed I wouldn't need to repeat it in the paragraph content. Sorry.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

OK. Since I have never heard of InfoPath, and since the question is in a MS Office forum, I did not recoginze that as a product name. I thought it referred to what you were asking about. Sorry for my misunderstanding. Maybe someone else who knows InfoPath will jump in with an answer.
    Legare Coleman