2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Conversion Issues (2007)

Good Morning, I am beginning to help one of our departments (Assessor's Office) move from Office 2000 to Office 2007. They have many Access databases, many of which contain links to the large County property database. Yesterday I loaded 2007on one person's PC that has responsibilities for many of the linking databases. She has issues with linking to a query in 2007. Worked OK in 2000. How is it done, in 2007. She also has lots of merge to Word queries, but can't figure out how to merge to a query, she sees how to merge to a table, but not a query. Any quick fixes for this one? I'm not a heavy Access user so am not much help as they begin this migration/conversion.

Also, on my PC I kept 2003 along with the new install of 2007. On her PC I did the same thing with 2000, but every time she tries going back to 2000 after having worked in 2007, she gets an error 0x25896450 Reference memory (memory could not be read.) If I repair 2000 then she can use it, but the cycle starts all over again. Seems she can't work in Access in those two versions. Word and Excel are fine. Any suggestions?

We're open to any support or thoughts re Access that will help our conversion process. We're talking a large number of databases.
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conversion Issues (2007)

I'm sorry to tell you, but 2007 does NOT coexist well with earlier versions, including 2003. If you use an earlier version of Access, it will run an installer before it opens. Then if you try to run 2007, it will run its own installer and reactivate itself, a rather lengthy process.

What do you mean by "linking to a query"? Are you talking about Word 2007 using an Access query as a datasource? If so, that's really a Word question, not Access. By "merge to Word", do you mean using the Word Mail Merge Wizard from Access? In that case, 2007 should also handle either tables or queries. Is the user trying to create a new merge document or use the query with an existing merge document? And which way is she trying to go, running it from Access or pulling the data in from Word?
    Charlotte

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Conversion Issues (2007)

I'll check more on how, she's working, it was through a phone call last week. I understand about the installer running, as it does that on my PC, but on her's it won't even do that. Just gets a memory error, which I'm sure is not at issue. More later when I know more!
    Thanks much, Judy Crawford