3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Calculated values in a report bug (XP SR 3)

I'm just redoing one of my office databases. It has only two reports, which generate invoices and therefore involve calculated fields. Its remote ancestor is Northwind.

The reports work fine on two of my three machines. On the third, the report works fine till it comes up against the first calculated field--at that point it's just blank. Even label fields don't reproduce. All the option settings look identical on the three machines--but there's obviously a switch somewhere in the system that needs to be flicked the other way. Can anyone make sense of this?

Thanks in advance

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calculated values in a report bug (XP SR 3)

Philip, are the machines running different versions of Access or Office?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

On the machine where the problem occurs, make sure that the correct printer drivers are installed and that they are up-to-date.
    Legare Coleman

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks to both. I discovered that the errant machine was taking as its default Access 2002, whereas the others take Access 2000 as default. Changing that switch seems to have solved the problem.

I suspect I'm going to have to go to Access 2007 before too long. Will I have problems with tranferring the existing databases over?

best

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You shouldn't have much trouble converting the databases, but settle on something other than the 2007 format to avoid confusion and provide backward compatibility. And get ready for a learning curve on the UI. The database window is no more, and I'm still trying to come to terms with the Outlook style navigation and the ribbon, both of which leave me less than thrilled. The programming environment will look completely familiar, but the UI is entirely changed.
    Charlotte