1. New Lounger
    Thanks

macros in ppt (ppt2003XP)

I am using Powerpoint 2003 and XP. First time I am experimenting with macros and already having trouble. I wanted to make a macro to add 10 new slides to the end of the slideshow. It keeps inserting the slides in the place where I originally recorded the macro. In other words, if I was on slide 130 and recorded the macro then when I get to slide 140 and want to insert 10 more new slides it inserts them at 130 and not at 140. This happens despite selecting the last slide before running the macro or getting the flashing black line (cursor) at the end before running it. Is there a way to do this?
    Thanks for any suggestions,

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

3. Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: macros in ppt (ppt2003XP)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

You can specify the position of the new slide. If you set to the current slide count plus one, you'll add the slide at the end:
    <code>
    Sub Add10Slides()
    Dim i As Integer
    With ActivePresentation.Slides
    For i = 1 To 10
    .Add Index:=.Count + 1, Layout:=ppLayoutText
    Next i
    End With
    End Sub</code>

4. New Lounger
    Thanks

Hmmm. For some reason the macros in this slide show are now disabled, even the ones that used to work. (Did I say I was completely new to macros?) I don't believe I did anything different, just closed down and tried next day.

5. Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

What is the macro security level? Select Tools | Macro | Security... and make sure that it is not set to High or Very High. Medium is the recommended setting - you'll be prompted to enable or disable macros when you open the workbook.

6. New Lounger
    Thanks

Derrrr....Yes you are right. I believe I was prompted to enable or disable and clicked disable without even reading it. (Der again) I checked and the macros are working and your suggestion worked just fine. This is one of those things I have been wanting to be able do for a long time! Thanks a million!

one baby step at a time

7. Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Don't worry, we've all made mistakes like that.

Starting to program in VBA in general, and in PowerPoint VBA in particular is not always easy, but you'll get there. Don't hesitate to ask more questions.