3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

rename outlook folders (outlook 2003)

I have several old folders that are no longer relevant and I want to rename them. I did a search here in the forum and found a thread that mentioned using the start / run to execute outlook.exe/resetfolders

When I attempt to do that I get a windows error message saying it can't find what I am trying to do.

I do not want to rename any system folders - just stuff I have used in the past.

Any help will be appreciated

Tom

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: rename outlook folders (outlook 2003)

Why don't you rename them within Outlook? For folders you created yourself, Rename is in the right-click menu.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

> I get a windows error message saying it can't find what I am trying to do.

How are you trying to change folder names, and do you mean folder names within an Outlook PST or Exchange Mailbox? Or are you trying to change the system location of PST folders or other folders storing Outlook information?

If you are trying to change PST folder names, you must do it within Outlook. You should be able to rename any Outlook Exchange Mailbox or PST folder, however, there's some evidence that renaming or removing default folders (those automatically created by Outlook at first run) may cause problems, and the /resetfolders command line switch only resets the default folders. Ordinarily you should be able to rename an Outlook Mailbox Folder or PST folder by right-clicking it and selecting the Rename option (or you can select the Folder and press F2 and edit the name).

Can you clarify your question and provide the exact error message text?
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans, I guess I was expecting to see rename at bottom of right click menu and did not have enough sense to look at ALL of the options - DUHHHHH!