2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Migration from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 (2003)

If I migrate my Outlook 2003 mail file to Outlook 2007 (trial version), and later decide that I would rather stay with Outlook 2003, can I still use the same mail file without any loss of data? Is it just a simple export function from Outlook 2007 or are there other pitfalls I need to be aware of?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Migration from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 (2003)

Outlook 2003 and 2007 use the same .pst file format, so you should be able to use your mail file in either without any conversion.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am not quite sure I understand this, or perhaps my question was not worded clearly. I know that Outlook can handle both types of accounts, but can you use both types simultaneously? As I understand it, IMAP accounts save the incoming and outgoing messages on a server, POP accounts download them to the local pc. But, outgoing mail for POP accounts has to go via the ISP where the connection has been established. Can Outlook keep these different methods totally separated? When you reply to a message received on the one account, but want to use the other mail address to reply from, what happens then?

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

Messages you send or recieve in Outlook via any mail server type are stored locally in your Personal Storage File (assuming you save sent messages by default) - the mail server type doesn't matter to local storage. Outlook can handle both types of services.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Thanks

Re: Migration from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 (2

> When you reply to a message received on the one account, but want to use the other
    > mail address to reply from, what happens then?

When mixing POP3 and Exchange accounts, an Account button appears next to the Send button allowing you to choose the account through which to send the message. Not sure about POP3+IMAP, but would expect the same.