2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Numbers (2000)

Hi,
    First thanks to Charlotte and MarkJ. I still have a little problem. The error I was trying to find was 3073. Well I now know it is: "Operation must use an updateable query." But I am not sure what that means??? I am not sure what operation it is pointing to?
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Numbers (2000)

It would have been useful if you had told us under which circumstances you got the error message. Now you're leaving us to guess.

This error usually occurs if you try to execute an action query such as an update query (that is the 'operation' referred to). If you switch the query to datasheet view and if you don't see a new record (indicated by a *) at the end, the query is not updateable. This can have many reasons, for example:
    - The query is (partly based on) a totals query. Totals queries are never updateable.
    - The query is based on multiple tables and not all tables are joined.
    - The query is based on multiple tables and there is no unique key on the 'one' side of a join between tables.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks HansV,
    The error happens as I execute four queries from VBA code. The last in the series of queries is an update query. What has me scratching my head is that the client sometimes gets the error 3073, and other times it works. She just has to run the program three or four times.
    Sarge

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid it's impossible to tell what's causing this without seeing (a stripped down version of) the database. See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions on how to post one.