2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Writing to Outlook Calendar (Access 2002/Outlook 2

Anyone have some representative code to make the following automation?

I have a form in Access called TestCalendarItem
    It contains all the fields I will need to make a new meeting / appointment item on an outlook calendar.
    It has a subform called TestLobby
    TestLobby is a short (0 to 4) list of people who need to be invited to a meeting

At any given period of time I want to run through the recordset of TestCalendarItem and write the information onto the calendar and then loop through the sub form to capture any To: information, send/save & close the item and then run an update query to remove the fields from the query. (the update query does not need to be part of the answer here, I already created that)

One hang up... I have more than one calendar that I have ownership of. So I need to be able to designate the particular calendar this is written to... I do not want it to end up on my own calendar which is called JW. I need it to end up on the calendar called MP.

As far as fields go... TestCalendarItem contains subject, event date, begin and end time, note. (In future I might want to include a category field)
    Test Lobby contains an alias field which is the outlook alias for the invitees (it could have email addresses in it instead)

Any insight is appreciated.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Writing to Outlook Calendar (Access 2002/Outlook 2

You'll find some sample code in Using Automation in Microsoft Office Access 2003 to Work with Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.
    To create an appointment in a specific calendar, don't use CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) as in the example given there, but create a reference to the appropriate folder, and use Items.Add(olAppointmentItem)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Writing to Outlook Calendar (Access 2002/Outlo

Thanks Hans...

This code goes a long way but doesn't help me with looping through the subform recordset to get the to: information. Any ideas on that?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Writing to Outlook Calendar (Access 2002/Outlo

You'd use something like this (the code uses DAO, so you must set a reference to the Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library in Tools | References...). You'll have to substitute the appropriate names.
    <code>
    Dim dbs As DAO.Database
    Dim rst As DAO.Recordset
    Dim strSQL As String

Set dbs = CurrentDb
    strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblSubTable WHERE ID = " & Me.ID
    Set rst = dbs.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbFailOnError)

' Loop through the records
    Do While Not rst.EOF
    objAppointment.Recipients.Add rst!Email
    Loop

rst.Close
    Set rst = Nothing
    Set dbs = Nothing
    </code>