Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Fax Wizard
2001-01-16, 19:27 #1sherrisimGuest
I'm using Word 2000 with Windows 2000. How can I modify a template that Fax Wizard is using? I thought if I would modify the Professional Fax template that it would change the Professional Fax template that you choose within Fax Wizard. Not the case!
Thanks for any help you can lend!!!
2001-01-17, 02:13 #2
- Join Date
- Dec 2000
- Los Angeles Area, California, USA
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Fax Wizard
Wizard = template with macros, one of which starts the wizard. It doesn't use any of the templates that come with Word. Think of it as a blank template that has an AutoNew macro (called StartWizard) that asks for user imput, & then continues--ultimately generating a document.
To modify it, you would do the following:
1. Learn VBA very well.
2. Make a copy of the wizard.
3. Rename the copy with a .dot extension. Now you can right click & open it (the .wiz extension doesn't have an open action associated with it).
4. Press Alt+F8 (or F11) & you can edit the macros to create a different format or style.
5. Save the template & rename it with a .wiz extension.
The hard part is Step 1.[img]/w3timages/icons/hairy.gif[/img]
Hope this helps.