2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Print Attachments ?? (2003)

HI,

Just toying with a concept and can't seem to work out the correct rule, this may mean I have to run a Macro or a VB snippit. But I can't seem to find a sequance which will print an attachment (to an email) automaticly then move on to the next mail, but not print the Main Body of the mail.
    The Attachment may be: a Tif File, PDF, MS-Word, MS-Excel or text

It would also be good to be able to define structures within the File Name of the Attachment (i.e. If [File_name] = *deutsche* then Dont Print) as some don't need printing, and I would be accused of wasting paper (serious Crime!!!).

And Also not to ask the world, the above is the priority, is it be possible to automaticly extract some information from the Email and pass it to a MS Data file or text file which can be read by Access.?? Like say the Email Address of the Sender. I am assuming this would require parsing the file looking for matched structures.

Thank-You for your input.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Attachments ?? (2003)

I have attached a text file with the code for a module that you can use as a starting point. You should edit the two constants at the beginning of the PrintAttachments macro.
    You can add bells and whistles, of course.

When you run the macro, you'll be prompted whether you want to give a program access to your e-mail address list. This is standard Outlook security. You can suppress the prompt by running ClickYes.
    Attached Files Attached Files

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Print Attachments ?? (2003)

Thanks Hans,

I know from previos Experience with your wonderfull code, that this will work once, I've had a Fiddle with it on Monday.
    That'll save us all some time in the office.

Graeme