New Lounger
    Thanks

Demise of Calypso

There's nothing like being a pathfinder - or should that be a "threadfinder"?

I was saddened to see that Micro Computer Systems will no longer be supporting the Calypso e-mail client.. It would appear that Calypso V 3.30 will be the last. To quote the announcement on the MCS web page:

"MCS has elected to discontinue our Calypso E-mail Client. Unfortunately, this product no longer meets MCS' sales, marketing, or revenue requirements. "

A great pity I have always found the program simple to use, intuitive and much more stable than others.

I'd be interested to hear if others have used Calypso and feel as I do.

How does one mount a rescue?

John C

hal217

Re: Demise of Calypso

I too akm sorry to see it og. I have used it very satisfactorily. It integrated with my Chaos PIM.

I am trying the free version of Eudora. Not bad. Anything is better thanb Outlook.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I, too, have been using Eudora somewhat satisfactorily. A new version of Pegasus was just released this week. Haven't tried it, but it is said to be a major update. I've always liked Pegasus, but prior versions had weak support for HTML mail.

Lounger
    Thanks

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by KTYorke on 02-Apr-03 09:01. to make the link live.)</P>Calypso v. 3.30 can still be found at this address: http://www.rosecitysoftware.com/Calypso/. Version 4, which will be shareware will be released sometime later this Spring.