Lounger
    Thanks

Calenda Form Missing (Outlook XP SP3)

After installing Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007 and some security updates, my Outlook can no longer find the form for new Calendar entries. How do i repair this? I have Outlook on other computers. Can I copy the necessary files and place them on my main computer? If so, what do I copy and where do I place them?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Calenda Form Missing (Outlook XP SP3)

Try Help | Detect and Repair from within Outlook first.

Lounger
    Thanks

Helped but did not solve issue. Outlook now accepts new calendar items but loads a "custom file" the first time I go to calendar after opening Outlook. This form appears to be a carbon copy of the default form I created while struggling to get it working.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You might try creating a new e-mail profile in the Mail control panel.
    Connect the new profile to your existing .pst file, so that you can still read your old e-mails etc.

Lounger
    Thanks

That might work but the question remains.... Where does Outlook keep the calendar form and how can I restore it?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Forms are stored in the .pst file, as hidden items that you cannot see or manipulate directly. Hmm, now that I write this, I see it might mean that creating a new profile but using the same .pst file might not help...

But the forms are also stored in Cocuments and Settings<username>Local SettingsApplication DataMicrosoftFormsFrmcache.dat. You might try deleting this file while Outlook is closed. It should be recreated automatically.
    Note: in order to see this folder in Windows Explorer, you must show hidden files and folders.

Lounger
    Thanks

I followed your directions and it seems to have solved the problem. Thank you very much.

Lounger
    Thanks

Woops. Your fix worked only for a short time. I keep having to recreate the file each time start Outlook. Something is still seriously wrong.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

That does look serious. Unfortunately, it's difficult to know what causes this without being able to inspect the installed files. You may end up having to uninstall and reinstall Outlook completely, but I'd wait a while before taking such drastic measures, to see if someone else comes up with a bright idea.

Lounger
    Thanks

I strongly suspect the culprit is the installation of Microsoft Streets and Trips 2007. I've been updated every two years but I now notice an extra tab on the Appointment form, LOCATION. I think it was inserted by the mapping program. I don't have a restore point to go back to the 2005 version so i'm wondering if there is anything on the Knowledge base... I think Microsoft is not bothering to see how the mapping program affects older versions of Office (XP professional in this case).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

There is nothing relevant (as far as I can see) in the Microsoft Knowledge Base about your problem, nor in the newsgroups.