5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro to count Days at a particular office (Office 2003)

Is there a macro to count how many days between two dates in Outlook that I have been say at office a or office b or office c etc.
    I can make any consistent entry in outlook to make the macro work.
    At the end of the year nice to know how many days I have spent in each office
    Thanks
    Jr Klein

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro to count Days at a particular office (Office 2003)

Why don't you keep track of where you work in an Excel workbook? No macros needed.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans
    Normally this would seem the simpler approach. However my life is very complicated and schedule done in outlook. Just another step to open excel go to the spreadsheet and make certain to add the dates. If all in outlook "one stop shopping" and can easily go back and verify
    Jerome

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

I think <!profile=HansV>HansV<!/profile>'s point is that is may be easier to export your calendar to Excel by a CSV file, and do the calcs in there; that's how I'd do it.

An Outlook macro won't be entirely trivial, and it may not be very fast as it will have to examine every Calender Item (assuming that's where your records are). In order to write it, we'd need to understand at least this information: are the "in-office" times in your Calendar? How does your Calendar show which office you are in, and is the office name used consistently? Are the items set up as All-Day events? How do you define year - do you want io input start and end dates? Are you looking for a count of days or hours?

Since none of us Loungers is likely to have a test-bed of comparable items, you'll have to verify that the code works accurately. This could be done by creating a test Calendar with a limited number of items..
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I actually meant entering the info directly in an Excel worksheet, but exporting the Outlook calendar to Excel could be a good way to do it.