Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Bizarre date problem (OE6 SP2)

    I recently forwarded my messages sent from a webmail client to an account I could access offline. I was please with the way they arrived in OE, as they seemed to be intact and appear as sent messages when copied to the send message folder.

    The problem came when I tried to move them to a subfolder of sent items. For all messages earlier than 01/01/06, OE changed the date received from the correct date (eg 06/12/05) to the date in January 2005 corresponding to the month - in this example 12/01/2005. Copying the messages back to the root sent items folder restores the correct date. I attach a couple of screenshots, and here's the complete message with headers (with addresses removed):
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Received: from Http Client 62.6.139.13 by 64.97.168.17 for Recipient(ID Suppressed); 2005-12-06 20:54:49 UTC
    Message-ID: <4602750.1133902489114.JavaMail.?@fh1007.dia.cp.ne t>
    Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 20:54:49 +0000 (UTC)
    From:
    Reply-To:
    To:
    Subject: Re: Diary Monitoring
    Mime-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain;charset="UTF-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
    X-Spambayes-Classification: ham
    X-Spambayes-MailId: 1178380480-2

    Dear Melda,

    I put all my cards in an envelope in the internal post to you a few days ago
    - maybe as late as Friday, though I think it was before.

    Can you please let me know if it doesn't reach you by Friday.

    Thanks
    -----------------------------------------------

    Bizarrely this does not seem to happen with messages dated later than 01/01/06, even though there is no discernable change in the message structure either side of this date.

    I have confirmed that this behaviour is the same in OE6 running under XP and W2K on 2 different computers.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    369
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Bizarre date problem (OE6 SP2)

    It was pointed out to me in another group that the problem is the date in the Received header: 2005-12-06 is not a valid date format in this header.

    Due to OE's very annoying habit of using generic column headings in subfolders, rather than propagating those of the parent folder (a feature which has been requested ad nauseam), the Received date only becomes visible and important when the message is moved to the subfolder, as it is the Date header which is used to sort the messages in the root Sent Items folder.

    My ISP changed the header date format to be valid around 01/06, hence later messages work.

    Just to answer my own question.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •