3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Bookmark and following text (Word 2003)

In my document I have a table followed by a Heading 2 line. At the beginning of the Heading 2 line there is a bookmark. For what it may be worth the bookmark is inserted by the program that generates the document using various macros (Adobe's RoboHelp). The bookmark does not contain any text, rather it sits in front of the relevant text.

I want to enter a page break in front of the heading so that it starts on the next page. When I press Shift & Enter the page break is inserted but the bookmark stays on the previous page so links to it go to the end of a page rather than the heading.

Is there a simple way to insert that page break and have the bookmark move with it please?

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Bookmark and following text (Word 2003)

Hi Peter,

Fancy meeting you in this forum!

Assuming it's the same in Word 2003 as in Word 2000, try selecting Format | Paragraph, select the Line and Page Breaks tab, then select Page Break Before. That seems to do the trick.

Anne

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word doesn't make this easy. Here is a rather clunky method:

- Position the insertion point in the last cell of the table.
    - Press tab; this will insert a new row.
    - Select Table | Split Table. This will insert an empty paragraph above the new row.
    - Click in the new row (now a table in itself).
    - Select Table | Delete | Table.
    - Click in the empty paragraph.
    - Press Ctrl+Enter or select Insert | Break. Page Break...

Warning: the empty paragraph has now become the first paragraph on the new page. If you delete it, the Heading 2 paragraph with the bookmark will revert to Normal style, so you'll have to reapply Heading 2.

Alternatively, delete the bookmark, insert a page break, then create the bookmark anew. But if there are cross references to the bookmark, that could cause problems.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well hello!

In the same way that the Adobe RoboHelp forum is the best place for information on that sofware, this is the best place ever for Word questions. The help I have been given by HansV, StuartR and JeffersonScher to name a few has been invaluable and often beyond the call of duty.

Thanks Anne for the solution. I was thinking perhaps I need some other key combination to insert the page break and move the bookmark but your solution is easy enough. Thanks also HansV.