4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

GPO / Trustee Sites (IE7)

I would like to be able to use Group Policies to control Internet Explorer's trusted sites across the domain. I figured out where to add to and control the list of trusted sites using GPO, but I can't figure out how to use GPO to control the checkbox for "Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone". Is there a way to do this using a Group Policy? Has anyone else come across this?
    Daisy

Thanks

Re: GPO / Trustee Sites (IE7)

I don't administer GPO, so this is the long way around: if this is a registry setting, perhaps you can set it using a script? If you toggle the setting and export the relevant part of the registry in between, then do a text compare on the files, hopefully you'll be able to identify the key/value you need.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Daisy

Our network team have done this in one particular part of our network and use logon scripts to get around the problem

Have a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892675 for starters
    Jerry

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

This may help Download details: Group Policy Settings Reference. From the download page:

"Overview
    This spreadsheet lists Group Policy settings described in Administrative Template (.adm) files and Security Settings that shipped with Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. This includes all Administrative Template policy settings supported on the following operating systems: Microsoft Windows Server
    Joe

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

There is also Download details: ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows. Additionally, you'll find several other GP download at Microsoft Download Center Search Results.

Joe
    Joe